Today’s is 9th August and its the birthday of my home country! 🙂 I didn’t draw any crescent moon or 5 stars on my mani, I kept it simple by doing a side-swipe of red and white.
I am a big fail… I tried to do a plait design on my ring finger as an accent nail and after I’m done with it and showed it to my boyfriend, he asked me why did I paint England’s flag on my middle nail. LOL…. I AM SUCH A FAILURE. When I was drawing it… I didn’t even have England on my mind lol.
Haha I did a red shatter on my middle finger on my right hand and I think it looks so much appropriate! I’m such a muddle-head, geez!
Anyway for some fun, here are my top 10 reasons on why I love Singapore!!
1. I can walk along the streets of Singapore way past midnight without being afraid of getting robbed. Our safety in this country is excellent!
2. We have the biggest variety of local food available at the cheapest prices! From Hainanese Chicken Rice to Laksa to Rojak to Lor Mee to Mee Siam to Roti Prata… we have it all from different races!
3. A conversation by Singaporeans can have a mix of English, Singlish, Chinese, Malay and other dialects such as Hokkien and Cantonese! We are so versatile at our languages!
4. Our corruption and crime rates are so low.
5. No worries about earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunami etc.
6. Our Changi International Airport is one of the best around the world! Since its opening in 1981, our airport has won over 360 awards for being the best in cleanliness and customer service!
7. We drink our own pee. That’s right… we have this NEWater system that takes water from our drains and pipes and turns ‘dirty’ water into ‘clean’ ones for our consumption.
8. You will never get cheated or over charged in our cabs. EVER.
9. WE LOVE DURIANS!!!!
10. Haha… last one… we love complaining! LOL
I’m kinda sad that its our President S.R. Nathan last national day parade with us. He has been with us for 11 long years 🙂 I’m currently watching the NDP now so see yaaaa all 🙂
even Google celebrated it with us 😀